My child’s eyes and sight

I am worried about my child’s eyes and sight

Who What do they do How
Your child’s school  

Student Support Services assist children and young people faced with learning barriers to achieve their educational and developmental potential. They provide strategies and specialised support at individual, group, school and network levels.

Student Support Services comprise a broad range of professionals including psychologists, guidance officers, speech pathologists, social workers and visiting teachers. Student Support Services officers work as part of an integrated health and wellbeing team within networks of schools, focusing on providing group-based and individual support, workforce capacity building and the provision of specialised services

A child can be referred to our service by the parents contacting the government school where their child is enrolled (or is going to be enrolled) 



Who is a paediatrician?

A paediatrician is a doctor who specialises in children’s health and development.

When do you refer to a paediatrician?

A referral to a paediatrician would be made to gain support for any child showing developmental delays or concerns.

Paediatrician support must be gained prior to a referral for an Autism Spectrum Disorder assessment.

Who can refer to a paediatrician?

To see a paediatrician a referral must be gained from the family doctor (GP).

Once a referral is made by the family doctor, the parent is required to make contact with the paediatrician’s office to make an appointment.
Paediatricians within Wyndham
 Family Doctor (GP)    Medical Centres and Hospitals within Wyndham
 Optometrist    Refer to the Optometry Australia website to search for an Optometrist within your area.