How my child moves (walking, running)

I am worried about how my child moves (walking, running)


What do they do


Your child’s school

Student Support Services assist children and young people faced with learning barriers to achieve their educational and developmental potential. They provide strategies and specialised support at individual, group, school and network levels.

Student Support Services comprise a broad range of professionals including psychologists, guidance officers, speech pathologists, social workers and visiting teachers. Student Support Services officers work as part of an integrated health and wellbeing team within networks of schools, focusing on providing group-based and individual support, workforce capacity building and the provision of specialised services

 A child can be referred to our service by the parents contacting the government school where their child is enrolled (or is going to be enrolled)


Who is a paediatrician?

A paediatrician is a doctor who specialises in children’s health and development.

When do you refer to a paediatrician?

A referral to a paediatrician would be made to gain support for any child showing developmental delays or concerns.

Paediatrician support must be gained prior to a referral for an Autism Spectrum Disorder assessment.

Who can refer to a paediatrician?

To see a paediatrician a referral must be gained from the family doctor (GP).

Once a referral is made by the family doctor, the parent is required to make contact with the paediatrician’s office to make an appointment. 

Paediatricians within Wyndham

Family Doctor (GP)


Medical Centres and Hospitals within Wyndham

Occupational Therapists (OT)

Occupational therapists (OT)

Paediatric occupational therapy focuses on helping children develop skills which enable them to achieve the best of their abilities in areas including independence in self-care, sensory processing and use of their hands to manipulate equipment effectively.

The term ‘occupational’ in occupational therapy refers to the ‘occupations’ of our daily life. For a child this could be Kindergarten, school, self-care or play.

How do you refer to an occupational therapist?

You can contact the occupational therapist service directly to make an appointment.

You can also refer to OT Australia website to search for an Occupational Therapist within your area